The 2018 School will be a stimulating week of expert lectures by local and international speakers, skills development, social events providing insights into the fascinating culture of Hong Kong, group work, networking opportunities, and field trips to key sites such as the Jao Tsung-I Academy, the Blue House Cluster, and the Mapopo Community Farm.
The Summer School programme has been developed by senior academics from The Chinese University of Hong Kong’s well-established Urban Studies programme. It’s a small and friendly event which is capped at 50 participants.
Keynote speakers will include:
- Professor Jenny Cameron – Geography and Environmental Studies, The University of Newcastle, Australia
- Christopher Law, JP – Founding Director, Oval Partnership; and Member of Development Committee, West Kowloon Cultural District
- Professor Ng Mee Kam – Director, Urban Studies Programme, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Professor Peter Ngau – Centre for Urban Research and Innovations, University of Nairobi, Kenya
- Dr Edgar Pieterse – Director of the African Centre for Cities, University of Cape Town, South Africa
- Professor Hendrik Tieben – School of Architecture, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Ada Wong, JP – Director, Hong Kong Institute of Contemporary Culture; and Chairperson, Make A Difference Institute
For more information and application form, please visit : https://www.acu.ac.uk/events/commonwealth-summer-school/acu-summer-school-2018/